You’ve most likely already heard about the amazing powers of Apple Cider Vinegar. From helping weight loss to preventing heartburn. From boosting energy to stabilizing blood sugar (really awesome for Type 2 diabetics!!!). From preventing tumors to lowering blood pressure. It’s kind of crazy what apple cider vinegar can do, right?!
Sinus Troubles? ACV
Need some energy? ACV
….I really could go on and on.
It’s pretty amazing stuff! Just an FYI — make sure to get Apple Cider Vinegar with “The Mother,” which are strands of proteins, enzymes and beneficial bacteria. THISis the kind that I use — you can usually find it at most grocery or health food stores.
But the not-so-great news is that apple cider vinegar has a really strong taste and smell.
A few years ago, after discovering all the benefits of ACV, I tried doing shots of ACV. Yep, pure shots of ACV before some of my meals (please don’t try that!). It lasted a whole…….week. And while I felt great that whole week (seriously, I felt so amazing that week!), the taste and smell were so strong that I literally couldn’t even stand to smell ACV for a whole year afterwards without it making me want to barf.
But I couldn’t deny how amazing I felt when I consumed a small amount of ACV daily, so I decided that I must create an apple cider vinegar drink recipe that I would actually enjoy. And this Berry Lemon ACV Drink is just the ticket. It’s super refreshing and it’s so delicious that I actually look forward to it each day.
If you are like me and struggle with the taste of apple cider vinegar, but want to experience it’s many benefits, this drink recipe is for you!
In fact, it’s one of the best drinks you can drink for your health!
Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar (plus lemon!)
Here are some benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar (and lemon):
- Strengthens Immune System
- Aids in Weight Loss
- Improves Digestion and Assimilation
- Helps Lower the Bad Cholesterol
- Stabilizes Blood Sugar Levels
- Reduces Body Fat
- Prevents indigestion
- Boosts Energy
- Reduces Blood Pressure
- Protects against Cancer
- Relieves Nighttime Leg Cramps
- Clears Sinuses
- Helps Sore Throat
- Reduces Heartburn
- Improves Gut Function
- Helps the Body Remove Toxins
Pretty awesome, right?!
It’s best to drink this Berry Lemon ACV drink before your meal. That way it will aid in the digestion and assimilation process, prevent heartburn, and will help stabilize your blood sugar! I swear by this!
If you can’t stand the taste or smell of ACV, I hope my Berry Lemon ACV Drink recipe is just the ticket to get you to finally experience and enjoy the many health benefits of apple cider vinegar.
Berry Lemon Apple Cider Vinegar Drink from Primally Inspired
- 2 tablespoons fresh or frozen berries (I love using raspberries the best!)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar with “the mother”
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (2 drops lemon essential oil)
- optional: 1 teaspoon raw honey or sweetener of choice
- Place the berries in the bottom of a cup. If you are using a sweetener, add that in now. Muddle the berries and sweetener with the back of a spoon.
- Add in your ACV and lemon juice. Fill the cup with ice and add in enough water to fill the rest of the cup. Stir and enjoy!